Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dublin :: bits

I was recently at the Analog festival for three amazing bands, so took the time to wander around the city a bit (not very much).pillar.

Face Invaders. Class. Just off Mary's Street.
The same face from Hope Street below. Just below Face Invaders
Now this was a particularly strange house (can you click on it for h-res?). Vampire gargoyle over the threshold. Studded door. Hand painted walls. In the centre of the picture is a tree made of barb'd wire, festooned with a crop of dummies(soothers/pacifiers). "Mais non!" you exclaim, "Ca c'est trop diabolique!". Fine:



Really weird. I caught a fleeting glimpse of a man inside, at third floor window, watching the street. Did he do this to the house? Was he real?

Just past face invaders, off Mary St.

2 comments:

dbspin said...

I think it's a gallery. Guy who owns it is a prize arsehole. Had a bizarre run in with him about ten years ago. I asked him if the place was a commune, he asked me to describe what I thought a hippie was, and proceeded to react extremely poorly to my definition. Like I say, arsehole.

LeftMyNameWithTheBorderGuard said...

Yeah, he did seem like a bit of a character, peering from his third floor perch. Did you get a look inside that you thought it was a commune/gallery, or?..